Variables for Sunday
Since we are celebrating the Feast of the Elevation of the Holy Cross this Sunday our verses with the antiphons are different
THE FIRST ANTIPHON CHARLES
1. O God, my God, attend to me; why hast Thou forsaken me? Far from my salvation are the words of my transgressions.
Refrain: Through the intercessions of the Theotokos, O Savior, save us.
2. My God, I will cry by day, and wilt Thou not hearken? And by night, and it shall not be unto folly for me. But as for Thee, Thou dwellest in the sanctuary, O Praise of Israel. (Refrain)
3. Glory… Both now… (Refrain)
THE SECOND ANTIPHON BONNIE & BOB
1. O God, why hast Thou cast us off unto the end? Remember Thy congregation which Thou hast purchased from the beginning.
Refrain: Save us, O Son of God, Who wast crucified in the flesh; who sing to Thee. Alleluia.
2. This is Mount Zion wherein Thou hast dwelt. (Refrain)
3. God is our King before the ages. He hath wrought salvation in the midst of the earth. (Refrain)
THE THIRD ANTIPHON SHAUN
The Lord reigneth, let the people rage; He sitteth upon the cherubim, let the earth be shaken. The Lord is great in Zion; and He is high above all peoples. Let them confess Thy great Name, for it is terrible and holy.
The third antiphon is followed by us singing the Troparion of the Cross which we all know
“O Lord save Thy people and bless Thine inheritance…….”
I also texted you 2 recordings
1. Entrance Hymn: Exalt ye the Lord our God, and worship at His footstool; for He is holy. Save us, O Son of God, Who wast crucified in the flesh; who sing to Thee. Alleluia.
2. The Anti-Trisagion Hymn (which we sing in place of Holy God): Before Thy Cross we bow down in worship, Sovereign Lord, and Thy Holy Resurrection we glorify.
Megalynarion: Kendra will sing
Communion Hymn: Amber will do the refrain. Kendra will do the 3 verses. When we cycle through it again Shaun will do the 3 verses. The third time if needed, Bonnie will do the 3verses. We all come in on the Allelulia.
FOR THE PROCESSION I will send a separate email with what to expect during the procession which is at the end of the service
Holy God is the slow one which we all know
Charles and I will do the forty Lord have mercies (10 English, 10 Greek, 10 Arabic, 10 Slavonic)