We invite all people to visit us and to worship with us. You will find a small but loving Orthodox community made up of many ethnic people.
Our purpose as a mission of the Orthodox Church is to maintain the traditions of the Apostles as delivered to the Church. We do not add nor do we take away from their doctrine which they received from the Lord Jesus Christ. We pray as they taught us. We worship as they taught us. We pass on these teachings to each new generation. Come and see.
We are a community of Christians who sought the original, apostolic Church, her worship and life practice, teaching (tradition) and faith. Antiochian Orthodox Church is one of local curches that was established by Apostles Paul and Barnabas in 42 A.D., with St. Peter serving for the next eight years as its first prelate. We come from diverse backgrounds and appreciate different cultures. Our parish belongs to the Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America jurisdiction of Antiochian local Orthodox church.
"Then Barnabas departed for Tarsus to seek Saul. And when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. So it was that for a whole year they assembled with the church and taught a great many people. And the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch." Acts 11:25-26
As all Orthodox, we confess the Nicene-Constantinopolitan Creed, also sometimes referred to as Symbol of Faith or Creed.
The Nicene-Constantinopolitan Creed (381 A.D.)
- We believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible;
- And in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Only-begotten, Begotten of the Father before all ages, Light of Light, True God of True God, Begotten, not made, of one essence with the Father, by Whom all things were made:
- Who for us men and for our salvation came down from heaven, and was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary, and was made man;
- And was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate, and suffered and was buried;
- And the third day He rose again, according to the Scriptures;
- And ascended into heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of the Father;
- And He shall come again with glory to judge the living and the dead, Whose kingdom shall have no end.
- And we believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, and Giver of Life, Who proceedeth from the Father, Who with the Father and the Son together is worshiped and glorified, Who spoke by the Prophets;
- And we believe in One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church.
- We acknowledge one Baptism for the remission of sins.
- We look for the Resurrection of the dead,
- And the Life of the age to come. Amen.